Kenny O.
Kenny O., Personal Watercraft Specialist, Kawasaki Jet Ski, Yamaha Wave Runners, Sea Doo Watercraft
Experience:  Product Specialist Kawasaki Factory Support 24 Years, 8 years National Technical Director IJSBA
30381042

I just bought a 2006 Seadoo Wake 215 that is supercharged and

Customer Question

I just bought a 2006 Seadoo Wake 215 that is supercharged and the dealer said that they thought that everything worked. I got it in the water the first time this past weekend and it got up to 28 mph and I slowed down and then tried going again and it was running rough. It not only couldn't really go any faster than 11mph this time but yet it was revving and the RPMs went from 1700 to 2200 at idle. Do you have any ideas of what this could be? Supercharger issue? Exhaust issue? Overheating? (No codes or alarms on the dash), bad fuel injector?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?
Well you could be a number of things, first off what was the MAX RPM that you saw out of the engine ?
Also if you can give me the hours that are on the ski that will help, and also have you tried new spark plugs ?
Last question for now, have you looked into the jet pump ? inspect the impellor for damage
Thanks
Kenny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The minimum RPM's were 1100 and the max was 2200. This was just at Idle alone. I have looked at the impeller and there is no damage. The ski has 251 hours on it and the supercharger has been rebuilt the recommended 100 hours so twice. The spark plugs have been change and gapped properly.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
OK the correct idle is 1700 rpms for this model, when in the water so if I'm reading this correct you said the MAX rpm you saw was only 2200 rpm's ?
Another easy test to see if the supercharger is putting out pressure is squeeze the hose (center of the SC) leading from the supercharger to the throttle body (intake manifold) and rev it up and you should feel the hose expand, I don't think this is your issue but you can check that, if you didn't get any pressure then your thrust washers in the SC probably need replacing.
If you are only getting 2200 rpm's out of this then I might suspect that you have a fuel pressure issue, and maybe some injector issues, I would really like to see if you are getting the recommended pressure of 58 psi out of the fuel pump, this is critical !!
Also on the bottom of the fuel pump are filters, those will clog up and cause low fuel pressure, the pump comes out the top, but before that it would be recommended that we get a pressure reading, the down side of that is it requires a special tool from BRP,
Let me know if this helps, not sure this is your problem, but we need to start somewhere, we'll figure it out !
Thanks
Kenny