Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I ran my Jabsco pump 18950 dry and now it won't run at all.

Customer Question

I ran my Jabsco pump 18950 dry and now it won't run at all. The book says the run dry protection feature shuts it off. How do you restart it? Thanks Bob
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you. On the back of the pump there is a slot in the shaft turn the shaft this should start the pump again if it is stuck. If it doesn't work we need to make sure the pump is getting voltage. You will have to remove the cap. Did that work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying I have to remove" the" cap in order to stick a screw driver in the slot then turn it clockwise?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Correct. It's just a rubber cap/plastic cap.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This pump is mounted in a tuff place to work on........what does it take to remove the cap?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
It will just pop off with your fingers or the screwdriver. You might check for voltage to the pump first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I'll give it a Go in the morning and let you know. Thanks. Bob
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok Bob good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a in line fuse located at the pump, do you know?
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
It's possible but usually the fuse is in the fuse panel for the switches. It depends on the boat manufacturer. The fuse is usually in a convenient place.