Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Have 16' Carolina skiff with 40hp Suzuki outboard. Both are

Customer Question

Have 16' Carolina skiff with 40hp Suzuki outboard. Both are 1997. Want to replace steering cable. How do I release the cable from the steering wheel assembly. I saw a few videos on line and saw a couple of different suggestions.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Do you know which steering system you have? Can you take a picture of it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. What email do I send it to.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
You can upload them directly to the website. If you click this link it will explain how to upload pictures. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I email to u directly from my iPad?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
This website does not work correctly with ipads, it can only be viewed properly on a PC. Can you get to a computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No! One video showed a button to release the cable, then turn the wheel to port. The other mentioned about taking bolts out. Is there anything I can tell u or look for to give u an idea of what I have?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, if your not on a PC I won't be able to help you. This website is not designed to work with ipads. I will opt out. Good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
We can communicate if you except the additional services. You can get my email that way and we can continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok Does this look like you helm? The pin is what you pull to get cable out of the helm. http://www.restorepontoon.com/forum/uploads/69/steering_bezel.jpg