Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

I have 2001 Aztec crow wakeboard boat with a Mercruiser 350.

Customer Question

I have 2001 Aztec crow wakeboard boat with a Mercruiser 350. Engine runs great when not under load. it used to top out a 42 and come out of the hole very quickly. Now with 2 people in the boat it takes forever to Just pulled it out of winter storage. Why is there a loss of power. any simple cheks?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Is any bit of the gas in the tank from last year, or has it been pumped and its all brand new?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some old Gas in the tank no fresh gas as yet. I will try fresh gas and some fuel injector cleaner as well and get back to you.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
The #1 cause of low power after storage is old gas. It simply goes stale and does not have the same BTU output that new gas does. If you are going to mix new gas with old don't be surprised if it actually takes a few tank fulls to run it out.
I don't know how you want to leave this. But that is where you stand on your end and what needs to be done. I think that should do it. However If you have any further questions on this, or need more detail. By all means feel free to ask away. If not, then just let me know if the ratings box gives you any problems or "access denied" errors when trying to put through a rating for me.
If I do not hear back from you, I thank you in advance and good luck!
Best,
Jason