Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2008 waverunner i put it in the water to run it and

Customer Question

i have a 2008 waverunner i put it in the water to run it and there was no water coming out the water port on the left side, does that mean that the water pump is not working ,
is it hard to change out .
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Waterpump on these are not the same as a normal boat engine, these use venturi on the jet pumps. The lines can get clogged with sand and water not coming out does not mean it is not getting water and cooling. Thus the system would need to be checked and try back flushing the system to remove any restrictions. Next not that corrosion such as in the head can cause problems as well.
Sometimes an air hose can remove a restriction as well as back flushing but that in some cases it's best to let someone experienced do it as damage can be caused.
If you can provide the year, make and model I'd be happy to provide diagrams of the system.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.