Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

Martin. Just got 2008 Bayliner 275 with Mercruiser Mag 350

Customer Question

Hi Martin. Just got 2008 Bayliner 275 with Mercruiser Mag 350 MPI first time on the water and after driving on the no wake idle mode tryed to acclerate and the engine died. I've cranced ansd it the engine started again and died in a few seconds. Please help.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. I read what you wrote but I don't see any kinds of questions from you. What kind of help are you looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you read the the problem I have described ?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I did read your issue. The engine needs some diagnostic troubleshooting in order to figure out what the issue (or issues) might be. I do not know what you have for tools, knowledge or ability. And because you didn't ask any kind of clear cut question, I don' know what it is you are looking to do or get out of this. That being said, what kinds of questions do you have, how can I be of help?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
It looks like you read my reply and logged off.
When you go to the front page of the website it says ask an expert, get an answer. You are telling me what the engine is doing, but you are not actually asking me anything. I never pretend to know what somebodies questions are. In fact, the person I helped before you had some pretty deep engine problems on a Volvo. They told me everything that was wrong with their engine, but did not ask any kind of question. After asking that person what their questions were and How I could help them all they wanted to know was where there was a Volvo master tech near their area. If you have certain questions about the engine or the technology i'll be happy to answer them. But I can't answer the questions you don't ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not mechanic and I can not explain you in your language what exactly wrong. The engine starts and ide after 10 minutes of working. So it is obviously I want it be fixed. Looks like you can not help. Please cancel my request.