Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 2000 Yamaha 150 salt water series 2 stroke outboard gives

Customer Question

my 2000 Yamaha 150 salt water series 2 stroke outboard gives no spark to the cylinders, options? The engine worked fine when the boat was stored last fall, ideas?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you. Do you have the kill/stop lanyard attached?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are two engine, one fires right up the other has no spark
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok the only things we can check are the key switch and the kill switch. This will require unplugging the main engine harness and checking for spark. Once you have the main harness unplugged locate the start relay disconnect the brown wire on the relay. Now apply 12 volts to the brown wire on the relay this will crank the engine. Now check for spark do you have spark?