Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 1997 Polaris wave runner (SL780) that has started

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Polaris wave runner (SL780) that has started to liquid lock on me. (Crank case filling up with fuel). When this is not happening the machine runs great. This happens even when the shut off switch is in the off position. I checked the vent lines for blockage and they seem to be clear. If there is a vent line to let the extra preasure out of the gas tank I can't find it. I would like any help I can get on this.
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Easy test, remove the gas cap and if the problem stops then there is a vent issue, if problem continues that is not the problem. Then move on to checking the carb as the float is the only thing that can allow fuel in (float, needle/seat) so you would be checking the float the needle and the seat and possibly rebuilding the carburetor.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.