Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

When I was running the boat the powerliftin started to lift

Customer Question

When I was running the boat the powerliftin started to lift the motor without me pushing the lift button. What is wrong?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you. You have a trim switch that is shorting internally or a relay shorting internally. Is the trim acting up now? Could i get the engine serial number please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine serial number 06304886 or 0g304886. The engine is not running, power trim switch is working ok
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the trim is working correctly we cannot do any trouble shooting. Now I can tell you what to do when it acts up. Disconnect each of the trim switches one at a time. If the trim quits acting up then that is the bad switch. If the trim still acts up then you have a bad trim relay. Replace both relays. Do you follow this procedure? Post back with questions.