Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

How do I get to the upper seal on the cooling water tube coming up fro

Customer Question

How do I get to the upper seal on the cooling water tube coming up from the water pump on a Merc 39
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 1 year ago.
You would need to pull the powerhead off. Your engine doesn't have a thermostat so it doesn't maintain pressure as well as later engines. Is the engine overheating? If not you are probably OK. Have you replaced or checked the rubber bushings and seals on the small water tube from the intake to the pump? Is the square O ring centrifigal slinger in place on top of the water pump? Are the seals in the pump where the water tube goes in in place and not damaged?I'm out of town and will be back this afternoon so wil respond then if that is OK with you.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just let's quit this. There is too much confusion going on and I can't follow the thread. Please refund.