TIMOTO
TIMOTO, Mechanic
Experience:  Former Kawasaki pwc tech. current Honda pwc tech.
8313095

KOHLER 5ECD ADC 2100 CONTROLLER HAS BLANK SCREEN AND IS LIFELESS.

Customer Question

KOHLER 5ECD ADC 2100 CONTROLLER HAS BLANK SCREEN AND IS LIFELESS. HAS NO VOLTAGE ON F3 FUSE. GENSET IS OUT OF BOAT AND HAS A REMOTE START/STOP THAT IS NOT CONECTED. SAME PROBLEM BEFORE GENSET WAS REMOVED. NEW ADC CONTROLLER HAS BEEN INSTALLED PER THE GENERATOR TECH WHO SAID IT WAS THE MOST LIKELY CAUSE. AFTER 88 DAYS OF NO PHONE CALLS AND NO PROGRESS I HAVE DECIDED TO TAKLE THE PROJECT MYSELF AS I AM AN ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR AND I AM VERY CAPABLE OF TECHNICAL FEED BACK
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KNOWN ISSUES BEFORE CONTROLLER FAILED:loss of coolant error code 4 times on separate trips each time.-no issues found just started working again- lasted 12hrstrip5
CC1,CC2,CC3, over crank error- new starter- operation ok- lasted 4 hrstrip6 around 8:pm
oxygen sensor fail- replaced checked operation -OK lasted for 6hrstrip6 around 2:am
oxygen sensor fail #2- replaced - checked operation -ok lasted for 1hr -forgot to turn on battery charger after servicing. house battery died shutting down the generator which has no alternator.trip6 5:30am
used main engines to charge the house battery for 1 hr- attempted to start the generator and the ADC controller gave an over crank - error-battery voltage was 12.4vDC at the generator -set controller switch to off/reset made 2nd attempt at starting the generator when it blew several fuses and the control board lost power. replaced all fuses and tested continuity through the fuse holders with fuses installed-all fuse holders were ok- fuse F3 that feeds the controller has no voltage on the line or load side. found this out after replacing the controller.
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.
Here is a link to a parts diagram for he mirror: http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/wps/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hondamc&a=1188&b=90&c=0&d=-TURN-SIGNAL-W/-MIRROR-ASSY.To remove it just peel back the rubber molding #13 There are three screws #16 that hold the mirror on. Be careful not to drop them down in the fairing on removal. The mirror pivots on a hinge forward and back to access the screws. Once the screws are out disconnect the wire connector and the mirror is off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe you responded to the wrong customer
Expert:  TIMOTO replied 1 year ago.
Somehow this was posted to your question. I don't know how that happened but I will opt out and that will open the question back up to other experts. Please do not reply or the question will come back to me.