Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 2003 125 merc saltwater and have no spark believe

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2003 125 merc saltwater and have no spark believe it is the stator or trigger, got any quick easy way to determine which one? Got power on both wires going to the stator, both trigger wires blink when cranking, got ground to the trigger but no power on all 4 wires going to the coils
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you. Could I get the engine serial number please? How are you testing the trigger? Unplug the main engine harness and check for spark. All you need to crank the engine is to jump the yellow/red wire terminal of the start solenoid to the battery connection on the solenoid.