Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

I have a 1994 Nitro with a 125HP mercury outboard, the motor

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Nitro with a 125HP mercury outboard, the motor has trouble getting out of its own way. It hard to get more the 3,500 rpm out of it and it doesn't like to come up on plane. I have a 12.75 x 21 pitch prop. In neutral I can rev the motor to 6,000 rpm easily. Any suggestions ??
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. The engine is going need some troubleshooting in order to figure out where the problem lays. Basic troubleshooting starts with spark and compression testing, as well as running the engine off of another fuel supply. This is just to figure out what might be wrong with it. What is it you are looking to do here? Are you looking to do some troubleshooting yourself, if not, did you have any specific questions?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, it looks like you read my response and logged off. Did you try to send a reply back, as I did note receive one. If you did, make sure you are replying directly back to the website.