Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) Certified Mercury Marine Tech with over a decade of repair experience.
67216606

I have 2006 60hp Suzuki outboard motor that will not idle.

Customer Question

I have 2006 60hp Suzuki outboard motor that will not idle. Perfect at top speed but soon as you slow in it shuts off
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. I have some questions back to you. A 2006 DF60 is a fuel injected engine. Is the boat rigged with Suzuki monitor gauges with check engine lights on them? Does the alarm system on the boat work? Are there any alarms or check engine lights going off? When did this problem start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but I don't understand. No to what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alarms are all working fine
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
I can't help you if you don't answer my questions. Which I ask really to help you out and not guess at things. I quit. I will leave this open to the comminuty in case somebody else wants to try. good luck.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
With the engine dieing at idle but running well at WOT, that tells us that the engine is going to either have a bad IAC or a leaking injector. Either one wil cause a motor to fail at idle and run good at WOT. You can check the injectors by removing the fuel rail with the injectors attached, then turn the key on and see if you get any fuel out of any of the injectors.