Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a Kohler 23kva gen set on a barge. It ran fine this

Customer Question

Hi I have a Kohler 23kva gen set on a barge. It ran fine this morning but now when I start it I am just getting the CC1 code and it won't start......help please!!
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
"CC" is actually not a code, what it actually refers to is the "crank cycle" and the digit is the amount of times it has attempted to start.
Depending on what is meant by "won't start" is what will determine the diagnosis route, I say this because no start could mean it cranks but does start or could mean it doesn't crank either. To start you off you would start with the basics, crank but no start would mean start with compression, spark, fuel, air. No crank you would want to start with things such as the battery, connections, starter solenoid and electrical checks to it and starter testing. Again this ALL depends on what the actual "no start" means.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.