Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 2004 Bryant with a 5.0 mercruiser I/o. The trim indicator

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Bryant with a 5.0 mercruiser I/o. The trim indicator works but when. Trimming the out drive up it sticks in the down position momentarily and them jumps up go the first indicator mark. After that when continuing yo raise it the indicator works properly
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
The first thing to check would be the sender on the leg, depending on model for instance some use a trim indicator sender on the leg at the pivot that sends signal of drive position, these can come loose and most are adjustable, they can go bad and or stick and there can also suffer electrical issues such as broken/loose wires.
Here's a great write up and pictures of a general merc drive trim senders: http://www.sterndrives.com/supplies/mdtips06.html
Note it may not be the same drive you have, it is just for the pictures as reference.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.