Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

What is the optimal cruising rpm merc 6.1 pushing a 27

Customer Question

What is the optimal cruising rpm for a merc 6.1 pushing a 27 ft sea ray and what is the rpm range available with the merc smart card troll control?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. There is no way to directly answer that without knowing which propeller you have installed in the boat, and at which rpms the boat is up on plane. I can give you a round a bout answer, but I can't give you a specific answer unless I know at what rpm your boat planes at. Do you know the minimum rpms the engine needs to be in order for the boat to stay up on plane?
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning it looks like you read my response and logged off. Did you try to send a reply back, as I did not receive one.