Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My 40hp honda will not pump water. Iave checked ,

Customer Question

my 40hp honda will not pump water. Iave checked for blockages, fitted a new impeller checked thermostat. If I put the hose on the delivery pipe with the lower section off it runs fine but with the lower section fitted and ear muffs on there is no water flow can you help
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. What year 40hp is it?Start with this. Remove the thermostat and leave the cover off. Start the engine up. Do you get any water flow up and out of the thermostat opening? If so, is it a lot, or just a trickle? Let me know what you get.
Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. It looks like you read my response and logged off. Did you try to send a reply back, as I did not receive one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I am out of town at the moment for work I will be in touch in a few days

Sent from my iPhone

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Okay sounds good. Let me now how you make out and post back when you have results.

Thanks,

Jason