Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Was on the water all day with no problem, on the way back to

Customer Question

was on the water all day with no problem, on the way back to dock cruising at about 28 mph I pushed throttle forward to go faster. The gas gauge bagan to show a higher gph rate, however... motor speed and rpms were not responding… i hope this is just a fuel/water separator issue, but not sure… have you seen this issue before? i have a yamaha 350 4 stroke 2008i appreciate any response
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Being that this only happened for that time I am not sure if you then tried it a 2nd time? I am sure you did with the same results, when an engine has no change at all in rpms when throttle is increased this usually suggests a communication problem between the controls and the motor, be it electronic controls or cable driven, with cable they are much easier for an owner to check, simply look at the cable end at the motor and see if the throttle when advanced is actually advancing the motor throttle because this can be the case such as the clamp is slightly loose not allowing full movement of the throttle. Of course this is not the only thing that can be the problem, there are many others including ecm.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.