Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

150txrb oil is not sending from the remote reservoir to the

Customer Question

150txrb
oil is not sending from the remote reservoir to the power head. I checked the filter it is clear. oil flows during the 180 second test interval but does not send when the motor is running after that. the pump runs with the manual switch and will fill the tank. I have plugged in a known working power head float and still had the same issue. I tested the remote tank float and I believe it is working correctly. I just checked my trim sensor and it isn't broken or damaged. I don't know how to test it. is there any other tests that I can do before buying a cdi?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

The float would be suspect however if it tested good (easy enough to check with a voltmeter) and if good it would send power when low telling the system to pump in more oil, at this point I would check the electrical wiring and connections in the harness to and from the float for damage, loose, or poor connections such as corrosion/dirt, etc.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.