Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Hey I have a 02 gtx and an 07 rxp the dealer said my Mpem went

Customer Question

Hey I have a 02 gtx and an 07 rxp the dealer said my Mpem went bad on the rxp Bc of no beeps... but I had swapped the two mpems and nothing happened... No changes
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.I will always try to reply back to you right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
A 2002 gtx and a 2007 rxp mpem are not the same and will not work. Even if they were to be the same the key has to be programmed to it or the key that is for it used with that one for testing. If the only reason at all that there were no beeps and the watercraft itself otherwise works fine then it is usually the buzzer not the mpem.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONEThank you!- JoePlease rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I meant to say 04 gtx 4tech they look identical as far as the Mpem and the seadoo won't crank the gauge just flashed and I hear the fuel pump and a buzz then dead... just now I left the key on it for 10 min and it worked started beeping and sounds ready so I cranked it... Worked good then unplugged it and plugged it back up and nothing again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then I left the key in again for 3 min and it's in again
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
If the part number written on the mpem/electronic module is the same then they can be used. What is important to know is the keys are programmed to the module, this means you cannot take your keys to someone else's machine and start it. Essentially that is exactly what your doing by swapping the modules, by doing so it now uses the wrong key, if you use the key from the ski that the module came from it will then work, the dealer can program the keys when you and if you purchase a replacement module.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
If you need any other assistance just let me know. Thanks, Joe
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Just following up with you to see if you tries the other key and if the modules part numbers matched as I explained.
Thanks,
Joe