Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have an 2014 150hp e-tec. The engine started fine ran great

Customer Question

I have an 2014 150hp e-tec. The engine started fine ran great out to the fishing area about 20 min. I turned the engine off and I could hear a little motor like noise like a fan or a small pump. I tried to start the engine the normal start lights came on then off as normal but the starter never engaged no turn over at all. After about 20 min the engine started as normal but then the same problem happened again and again. Any suggestions?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Generally this is going to be electrical related with those symptoms, this includes checking connections including main harness, grounds, battery connections at battery and motor, etc. I'd watch how much you get into it as it may be covered under warranty in which they may repair it at no cost to you. It could also be related to others things including the actual starter, solenoid, ignition, etc.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.