Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

What are the specs adjustment on a detroit 6-71 marine

Customer Question

what are the specs for valve adjustment on a detroit 6-71 marine diesel engine
and the procedure
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
valve clearance intake & exhaust also procedure....thank you
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
I apologize in advance but my knowledge is limited in this model but instead of you waiting any longer I at the very least wanted to attempt to help you.
I have not preformed this on a diesel and I do not have the specs however I did notice how long your question was sitting and I was able to pull up some info that should hopefully help at least with the procedure since it is based on vehicle not marine the specs will be different most likely but procedure I would assume is the same.
https://brandon314.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/detroit-6-71-valve-injector-and-governor-adjustment-procedure.pdf
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.