Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

My suzuki 60 hp is over heating

Customer Question

my suzuki 60 hp is over heating
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can call me at **********
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be assisting you. Have you checked the thermostat? The thermostat # ***** is at the top of the engine under the cover # ***** If this engine is used in salt water replace the t-stat. The t-stat controls engine temp at low rpms. http://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc/bp_AP_AssemblyDetail.asp?ID=5478 If the t-stat is corroded or stuck the engine will over heat. Running the engibne in a bucket is fine as long as you keep the water full and the water temp cool. If the water in the bucket gets to hot the engine alarm will sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine only has 18 hours on it. Could the stat be bad by running it out of the water ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
How hot did the engine get/ You have to accept the additional services for me to see your phone number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will never use this service again
Expert:  Tan replied 1 year ago.
Why? We have to have info from you to determine what the problem is. If you got the engine to hot you could have a blown head gasket. You did say you continued to run engine with alarm sounding. Just because the engine has 18 hours doesn't mean anything as it is 2 years old. A engine that sits can develop problems from lack of use. If this engine is used in salt water this adds to the possibilities. If you post your number in this reply message it is exposed to the general public. This is the reason for the additional service so it keeps your info private.