Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified
14379177

1999 Regal 5.0 Mercruser TBI serial 0L093396 that is having

Customer Question

1999 Regal 5.0 Mercruser TBI serial 0L093396 that is having intermittent problems. Hi, sometimes when I drive this boat it runs great and then just dies. It may start up again after a few minutes or so, right away, or you have to wait an hour for it to come to life. I do notice this happening after moving at slow speed like in a no wake zone. While idling along for a few minutes I hear a strange hissing noise then it dies. It may restart if I pump the throttle back and forth but not always. Very annoying as you can imagine. I have run a take a fuel through it. Changed the fuel filter, changed the fuel pump relay and even put another in line adder fuel pump in the system. (Someone said this would cure vapor lock) Ignition side I have changed the cap, rotor, module, and coil. Any help will be appreciated
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for allowing me to assist you today.
Can you get a video of the engine when this is happening. That would assist me is getting you the correct problem with the engine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Charles, I am still trying got get the boat to act up. I plan on taking it out today with a friend and we will try to vidio the probelm.
Expert:  Charles replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Looking forward to it.