Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,

Will these motors push a 24 Grady White Offshore boat wel

Will these motors push a 24' Grady White Offshore boat well?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.

Hello Dean,

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

One thing I always wish to try and do is let you know if
something comes up and I am not able to reply back right away but this is
sometimes something I cannot avoid. I will always try to reply back to you
right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another
customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon
as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.

If these are the 175hp motors and since this is a separate question then your other I will be glad to help you.

A pair of 175 motors should push this boat just fine. I have seen some of these with 200's, 225's and 250's on them as well but depending on your use 175's should push the boat along just fine.

As long as your not looking to trying to make a fast boat out of these on this hull they will have no problems pushing it very well.

The hull capacity tag will give max engine size, this does not mean the hull cannot handle more or the weight but you need to figure that in. However if you wish to insure the boat make sure engine hp is within the capacity tag limits or they either will not insure or if a claim is made they usually deny the claim.

Most of these had a 225 or 250 on them, some up to a rare 300... a pair of 175's will be a good fit.

If
you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

Thanks,

Joe

Bonuses
are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face please instead
reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are
negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for
those 3 do I get a pos rating. If for any reason you are not satisfied please
reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The
deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit you can then click
accept or one of the smile faces, but again only if you are satisfied and only
when you are ready to do so. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert
not the site or the product. If you have
any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks
again for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience: ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,