Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

i want to change out my 2006 volvo penta 305 for a 350 ci,

i want to change out my 2006 volvo penta 305 for a 350 ci, where do i find the right replacement computer?

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today.

From Volvo??? That's where I get mine when I've done this swap. Have you tried them yet?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried getting information but get the run around and impossible to find a shop with a clue in a 200mile radius, contact info to a good tec line would be great or help finding the correct part #. Been fighting the problem for two years and at this point money is not an object

What engine are you trying to build? Are you trying to build a 5.7 GXI, a GSI, a GI?

Do you know what ECM you have now? Do you have the MEFI 4, or is it MEFI 5?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

#s on top of computer reading top to bottom left to right are module ay emissions calibration(NNN) NNN-NNNN(NNN) NNN-NNNNemissions checksum $c5cee006e numbers on side of computer(NNN) NNN-NNNN470383 usa marine sae j1171 e1636001d 002187 5g the original motor was a 5.0gxi/osi I hope this helps u, if you could piont me in the right direction you would be my hero!!

Do you see MEFI on it anyplace?

What is the full model number on the engine, there would be a suffix at the end of GXI indicating its year.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The cover on top of the engine under the 5.0 category says GXi/OSi , under 5.7 it says Gi/OSi , the year make of the boat is 2006 , the tag on the block says type 5.ogxi-f
Got it. I think it's a MEFI 4 but I want to be sure. Is there any way you can get me a picture of your existing ECM?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry cant supply a pic as of right now but the full numbers on the 305 block prod no.3869309 type 5.ogxt-f ser XXXXXXXXXXX thats about as good as i can do for now

I got the pictures. The ECM you would want for the 5.7 engine if your going to use your same harness and injectors. (and I assume you are) is going to be Volvo part number 3863338

That should do it, but if I missed anything feel free to ask before doing the ratings.

Thanks in advance, and good luck!