Dominick, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  25 Years Experience as Mechanic, 20 Yrs Boat Yard Owner/Mechanic, Factory Certified

I have a 2007 mercury 90hp engine. 3 spark plugs. The boat

Customer Question

I have a 2007 mercury 90hp engine. 3 spark plugs. The boat die today. When I open the top. I noticed the top spark plug was broke off. I went and got new plugs and replaced
them. When I try to start it the plugs don't seem to be firing. Any idea what might be causing this?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Charles replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Charles, I will assist you today. These questions require a rating. If you are satisfied with my answer please rate 3 or more smilies.

I have a few ideas, but we need to eliminate a few things first. Pull the plugs wires off and do a spark check. You can use one of the old plugs and ground it to the block in each plug wire or use a spark checker. Would prefer if you used a spark checker. This will eliminate the ignition system as part of the problem.

I will also need the serial number.