Jeff G.
Jeff G., Marine Mechanic
Experience:  42 years experience, Certified Master Technician, All Major Outboards, Sterndrives, Hi-Performance
27391725

Yamaha F50TLRX - How can I check the prime starter assembly

Customer Question

Yamaha F50TLRX - How can I check the prime starter assembly to make sure that is my problem before I buy the new part 62Y-14380-00-00 ?
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jeff G. replied 5 years ago.
Welcome,this question may need more than a single answer. Please post back with additional questions on this at any time

Disconnect the two wires from the choke solenoid, attach them briefly to a 12 volt power supply, just use two jumper wires. The solenoid should retract.
If it doesn't the solenoid is bad.

The prime start can be tested similar to the solenoid, remove it from the carbs, put the jumper wires on it, but leave the wires connected and see if the needle valve from the prime start moves.

Post back with what you find.