Noel Schembri
Noel Schembri, Marine Technician
Experience:  Advanced technical diploma

115 hp mercury optimax with running problem. Need a technical

115 hp mercury optimax with running problem. Need a technical manual. One of the carburators not getting enough fuel in. what could be the problem??
Category: Boat
Expert:  Noel Schembri replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with your problem. If your engine is an optimax engine it does not have carburettors, Are you sure it is an optimax engine?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is an optimax. If I could get a manual I have people here who can diagnose the problem. How can I get one?? Based on the failure to idle and that fuel is getting to two of the three injectors (or whatever they are called) what is your best guess as to the cause of the problem??
So Ideally to diagnose these engines you need a diagnostic tool but you can do some preliminary checks. Fuel on these engines is pressed in one common rail and the injectors will open to let the fuel go o the direct injectors and to the combustion chamber. What you need to do if you do not have a diagnostic tool is to feel the injectors to be pulsating while the engine is running. If one of them doesn't feel pulsating that is your problem. IF it feels pulsating then you have to check the same with the direct injectors which are the ones between the rail and the cylinder head.
As for manual you can get one from

If you have further questions let me know.