Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.

How many hours labor does it take to change a blown head gasket

How many hours labor does it take to change a blown head gasket on a Honda 5hp 4 stoke outboard engine
Category: Boat
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.

Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. If you need clarification on something please post back here.

The flat rate guide puts the head gasket change at 1.2 hours. That is for changing the head gasket only, and it would not include any diagnostic time, or machine work if the head needs to go to a machine shop. It including adjusting the valves, as that is part of installing the head. But if the head needed valve work (new valves) that would not be included in that time.

Post back with questions.

Good luck!

If this answers your question please do not forget to hit accept. Hitting accept is the only way justanswer compensates me for helping you.
You can still come back here at any time and at no extra charge to ask follow up questions to this even after hitting accept.

Hitting accept does not close out the question.

If I have saved you considerable time/money, bonus tips and positive feedback at the end are always greatly appreciated. Thanks!