Ted G.
Ted G., Rigger, Diagnostician
Experience:  40 years boating, Safe boating instruct., Offshore Race promoter, Failure Analysis, Expert Witness

I need an OMC King Cobra lower unit for my Ford 460 big block

I need an OMC King Cobra lower unit for my Ford 460 big block engine. the outdrive is on a1989 Bayliner. Do you have any idea how where I can find out exactly which outdrive is on this particular year boat. I am being told there were two different types. One being a cone!!!. Since I have no manual with the boat I have no way of telling. Either way I have almost exhausted all resourses in finding one unless you would have an idea.
According to this parts listing:,639,656,677,698,719

You have the older style KC with the dog clutch to shift in the lower unit. You may also be able to find most of the parts you need from that place, they are fairly well stocked on most things.