Tan, MerCruiser Certified Technician
Experience:  40 yrs. experience with complete engine repairs both inboard/outboard and MerCruiser Certified Technician.

I took apart my 1993 dual prop volvo penta outdrive to change

Customer Question

I took apart my 1993 dual prop volvo penta outdrive to change bellows; I may have taken apart more than I needed to. My problem is there was a bolt that had a hole in it, I think it's for oil flow . I do not know where it goes, it fits in many places
Category: Boat
Expert:  Tan replied 6 years ago.
Hi, The oil screw goes in the top cover forward stbd side of the upper gear housing # XXXXX Thanks if this the information you needed please click "Accept" button. Post back with questions. Go to this sight click on gas, click on AQ211A DP-A SP-A 290-A, click on transmission,click intermediate housing drive DP (0).pdf. This gives the diagram of location.This sight has all info of your drive.

Edited by Tan Partin on 5/8/2010 at 4:47 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I went to the website you recommended. However, I found where the bolt went to, but I had to go to upper gear unit drive 290A(0).pdf instead of intermediate housing drive DP

(0).pdf. Thank you for your help.

Expert:  Tan replied 6 years ago.
Your welcome.......Tan