davesoutboard, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  marina owner for 20+years, certified Evinrude tech

I recently purchased a 1953 Scott Atwater 7.5 Gold Pennant

I recently purchased a 1953 Scott Atwater 7.5 Gold Pennant engine, Ser. No. 33352619.
My questions are: 1. What grade of fuel should I use and what Fuel to oil ratio? 2. What type of grease should be used for lower end gear lube?
The seller demonstrated that the engine would run by starting it on the first pull using his lawn mower gas supply.
Bruce Emerson
Adrian, MI
p.s. The seller also has a 7.5 Corsair for sale for $125.
Normal unleaded gasoline is fine. Just try to find it without any alcohol(if that is available in your area). That engine originally ran at 25/1 ratio on oil, but with the new oil out today, you can run at 50/1 with a good TCW3 oil. The gearcase is not fussy either, I would run a good quality semi synthetic gearcase lube from Evinrude or Merc.