Michael, Master Mechanic
Experience:  Over 25 years experience working on everything from PWC's to Mega Yachts

Chrysler LM318 engine... Marine engine....1974ish flywheel

Customer Question

Chrysler LM318 engine... Marine engine....1974ish flywheel to crankshaft bolt torque values - can't find in my chrysler service manual
Category: Boat
Expert:  davesoutboard replied 7 years ago.
Maybe this will help. This site lists all of the torque specs. click here
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I found similar torque specs on the i-net too.... this one doesn't have flyweel to crankshaft torque specs - which I am looking for. For some reason my Chrysler LM318 service manual doesn't give this number either?!?!? I DID find a couple of sources like the one you provided that DO show a torque value .. but THOSE two sources didn't have the same frigging values. I was looking for a tie breaker... and am still looking.

Expert:  Michael replied 7 years ago.
the Post The Dave made has the correct toque value for the flywheel (55ft lbs.)
It's the 5th one from the botom (Flexplate/flywheel).... this is the toque value for either a flexplate (automotive app) or a flywheel. I looked in my Mopar manual and it says the same thing.... (flexplate/flywheel 55ft lbs)
This is the right numbers...