RSRBOB, Technician
Experience:  Former Yamaha Factory Service Rep, Dlr Line Tech, Serv Mgr, G/M

I have a 2001 yamaha xr1800 with twin 155hp 2 strokes. At ...

I have a 2001 yamaha xr1800 with twin 155hp 2 strokes. At the rear there is a hatch that when opened reveals two holes for which are supposed to be sealed with some cleanout assemblies. My problem is finding the correct parts and having them shipped to Canada. Yamaha Canada doesn''t make this part so there is no yamaha dealer that I can bring it to.
Category: Boat
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 8 years ago.

It sounds like you are missing the clean out plugs. Here is the part numbers for the cleanout plugs.

F0R-67690-01-00 It will take 2 to fill both holes. They retail for about $224 each.

If you feel this information answers your question, please click the green accept button and leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do believe that these(F0R-67690-01-00) will work I just needed to confirm with someone who knew what he was talking about. Also these weren't always missing and when the boat was working it wouldn't give any thrust through the jets, while in gear, immediatley after being started. (Imagine a car thats in neutral and you step on the gas) This happens every time and only until the engines warm up it seems
Expert:  RSRBOB replied 8 years ago.

NO, you would loose close to all thrust if the clean out plugs are not installed. If you are getting the sensation of a slipping clutch with the plugs installed, I suggest checking the clearance between the impeller blades and housing. If it is excessive, the pump will cavitate.

If the clearance is ok, then look for any areas on the intake that would let air into the pump system.