Captain Dave
Captain Dave, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  USCG Licensed Captain, 20+ Years Boating, Fishing, Maintenance and Repair Experience
4585472

Hi i have an 89 bayliner capri with a 2.3 liter ford motor.

Hi i have an 89 bayliner capri with a 2.3 liter ford motor. I am getting water in with the oil. Its not a head gasket (had it done) i had the head checked, no cracks in block thats noticeable. I was told by someone it is the intake manifold cause one of the channels rusted and its allowing water in. Does this sound right? If not would like to hear your opinion. Thanks
Hello. It is possible, the cooling water runs through the manifolds along with the intake and exhaust passages. It could be rust has deteriorated the metal between the two passages, or you could simply have a blown gasket that is allowing water to leak. The only way to know will be to remove the manifolds and examine the surfaces.