Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

The stereo,in my mini s 2009 just stopped working. I live in

Customer Question

Hi there. The stereo,in my mini cooper s 2009 just stopped working. I live in the Middle East where they wanted to charge me 1500dollars for a new stereo. I ordered one online form the us and asked tomhave it fitted. They tell me it does not work. Could there be something other than the actual stereomthat is at fault? It sounds like other people have experienced the same problem. Thanks
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It came with the car
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nope. I took it to the bmw dealership. The car also had a cd changer already fitted - wouldnthat maybbe create a problem with all the connections etc...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just any advice as to whether it could be something other than the actual stereo at fault . Thanks
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Eric replied 11 days ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I need to know if it is getting power to it but no sound, or no power to the unit at all.

I also need the last 8 of the vin number to pull the wiring schematics.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi there. I a man getting any power at all. Initially when I took the car in to BMW they wanted to charge me for a new stereo/ boost cd, and new cd changer. When we questioned it they said that we could just try changing the radio first. However the replacement stereo seemingly doesn't work either. It was second hand- however the company seemed to have good ratings.
I a man not sure of the VIN number... I have attached the details I have...
thanks for your help