peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I a have a 2007 550i BMW, I charged the battery for about 3

Customer Question

I a have a 2007 550i BMW, I charged the battery for about 3 days, reinstalled it and now I have steering wheel lock alarm. I was able to reset it once by turning and holding down the start button for 10 seconds. Afterwards it it crank over but not start...Art
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: It was running fine, but no I didn't
JA: Are you fixing your 550i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: recharged the battery, I originally replaced the valve cover gaskets, sat for about 3 months, but It ran but did not run it long enough to charge the battery, so I pulled and charged it in my garage
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I understand the batter needs to be registered?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 12 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No not yet
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Im gonna try resetting by disconnecting the ground, thanks
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 days ago.

I apologize for the delay as I was offline when you replied yesterday.

Let me know if the reset works here.If it does it may only be a temporary repair in some cases.If it does not let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete