Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 98 535i bmw, and my hazard lights wont shut off.

Customer Question

i have a 98 535i bmw, and my hazard lights wont shut off. this all happend after i disconnected the battery.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The hazard lights, so all the turn signals are flashing at the same time constantly
JA: Are you fixing your 535i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am, i replaced the switch but that didnt work - i removed fuses 16 and 41 to disable the lcm and the lights are still on. thats all ive done. I put it into my scan tool and a few codes came up
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: BMW
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Lets try this first, disconnect the negative cable fore about 2 minutes, then reinstall the negative cable, close all the doors, hood and trunk, and lock and unlock the drivers door a few times with the key. let me know if that stops the lights from flashing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, i have already tried that multiple times. it has not worked
i put in my scan tool and what comes up is (91) IKE:KOM instrument cluster : fault stored
(8b) IKE:KOM instrument cluster : fault stored
(44) IKE:KOM instrument cluster : fault stored
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Alright, If you've tried that multiple times, then I will opt out and let another expert take a look at this one as that was my suggestion. Thank you.