Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My 2007 S will start fine from cold but may stall after only

Customer Question

Hi my 2007 Cooper S will start fine from cold but may stall after only a couple min driving when you stop at a junction. The restart normally involves 2 or 3 goes till it runs clean ?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
can you please clarify what you mean by "The restart normally involves 2 or 3 goes till it runs clean ? "
do you mean you need to restart it two or three times before it stops stalling?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
pretty much, but if I let it warm up on drive before driving off it seems better
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any ideas
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer

the most common things that would cause what you are experiencing are a bad temp sensor, a fuel pressure bleed off (leaking injectors or bad fuel pump check valve) or an intake air leak. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No way of narrowing it down ? No fault codes come yo
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Up
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

to narrow down would need to have fuel pressure tested and monitored after vehicle shut down, the reading from the temp sensor monitored with a full feature diagnostic computer, and the intake smoke tested for leaks. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.
if there are no additional questions please do not forget to click on a positive rating