mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

Its my 08 mini s both my windows go down auto but not up and

Customer Question

its my 08 mini cooper s both my windows go down auto but not up and they don't dip when door is open . if I roll the windows up when they hit the top they either go half way down or go down the half inch like I'm opening the door
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have tried the window rest no luck i have diagnosed it and it said foot well error window i reset the module and the code has not came back but still no operation
JA: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?
Customer: whats a hard reset and how do you do it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: my tpm don't read light keeps blinking
Category: BMW
Expert:  mike switzer replied 4 months ago.

with the doors open roll the windows up. do they still reach the top and roll back down?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It does not matter both still do it open or closed

ok when you are rolling them up are you needing to hold the switch up or is it in the auto function?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have to hold it up then when it reaches the top it goes down half way or just a 1/2 inch like I'm opening the door

ok while rolling it up and holding the witch continue to hold it and count to 10. if that des not work you need to reset the system by disconnecting the battery at both ends and connecting the terminals for 10 minutes. you will still need to relearn the stop points as described first

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've done the hold up several times. I have never tried to disconnect the battery I will def try that. I did have a footwell module code I erased it it has not come back. When it was there it said for both driver and passenger window hallsensor power window door defect

well I did no see that in the description. since the code has not come back it may have just been a hiccup. but it may come back. I would start with the battery disconnect method first.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay thank you

not a problem if you have a moment to leave a rating it would be a ppreciated.