Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Im very happy thanks, 2016 bmw 7 series, i want to know how

Customer Question

im very happy thanks
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2016 bmw 7 series
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i want to know how to disconnact the bmw aasist assist
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What exactly is your question?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey Steve I want to disable the BMW assist on my vehicle
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Like I want it fully off
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This vehicle was giving to my girl friend from her ex husband & the dude is a serious nutt I don't trust that feature of the vehicle at all
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
There is basically zero chance that he could track the vehicle unless he is the worlds best computer hacker or still owns the car. If you want to turn it fully off without impacting nav or Bluetooth, it will need to be programmed out by a dealer. Depending on vehicle options there may be a setting buried in the idrive configuration you can turn off to block vehicle location services if you trust that enough. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a 2016 BMW 7 series and yess it was he's and her on the contract all he has to do is call and ask to find the car for him he did it to us for Christmas Eve and Told her how he found her , so there's no way I can physacly turn it off or disconnect something
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

not without taking down other systems you cannot turn it off. Please do not forget to click on a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where can I find the fuse box I don't care if Bluetooth gets disconnected
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

in the trunk behind the ride side panel. Please do not forget to click on a positive rating

Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

Please do not forget to click on a positive rating

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok bro but witch fuse is it and I'm I won't forget you don't have to keep saying it , which fuse do I have to take out exactly
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

I don't have access to your fuse diagram. It would be ones that correspond to the phone picture on the fuse diagram.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

Please do not forget to click on a positive rating.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
did you require further information?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No but you never answered my question I look trew the fuse box I don't see nothing with a phone on it , this was a waists of money honestly
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

I explained how this can be done, programming by the dealer. If you post an image of the fuse diagram I will tell you which fuses to pull.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

f you do not wish to post the image, please select a rating of OK/3stars or higher to ensure I am properly credited for my answer as you have already paid to place your question. thank you in advance

Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

If there are no additional questions please do not forget to click a positive rating