peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Headlights 1 low beam works and 1 beam works on the other

Customer Question

headlights 1 low beam works and 1 hi beam works on the other side markers and taillights only work on 1 side blinkers only work on 1 side and brake light on 1 side on 2003 mini s model
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed bulbs changed bcm and had programed only thing that changed was door locks worked
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: had it at a mini dealer for the programing and power steering recall and they did not see the lights did not work even after I told them that was the main reason that I came there
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If anything after market was wired in or installed in your model here this can cause this type of fault if wired in incorrectly or shorted out at all.If you do have any after market components installed I would have these checked into.If there are no after market components let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete