Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a 2003 BMW 525i. The problem I'm having is my car has

Customer Question

Hello! My name is***** and I have a 2003 BMW 525i . The problem I'm having is my car has went into transmission failsafe and the abs and brake light is on. The car drives but it takes off in low gear, which on line they say it only goes to 3 and 5th gear. I took it to a BMW shop and they tested the car and said the transmission module was good, but the transmission was bad. So I replaced the transmission and I have the same problem. After replacing the the transmission . I went on line and used the instructions on how to reset the ECM to clear the failsafe code, through the instrument panel . What should I do next?
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: It is the DSC light, ABS, and the brake light. When I press the DSC button. It doesn't turn the DSC or some people call it the Traction control button
JA: What is the model of your '03 BMW?
Customer: It is a 2003 BMW 525i
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to a BMW shop, and they tested it and said my transmission module was good, but my trasnmission was bad. So I replaced it and used the instructions on line to reset the ECM by using the cluster in the dash. The car is still doing the same thing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's about it
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.
What faults are logged in the cars computer memory?
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.
hello? are you there?