Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

We recently had rain and my 1999bme z3 m roadster was

Customer Question

We recently had rain and my 1999bme z3 m roadster was covered by a heavy duty factory car cover. Today while I was driving the car it sounded like when the car was moving there was a sound of water sloshing. I checked trunk and it was dry. I'm not sure what's going on? Any thoughts?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hi
It is hard to know how to respond to a request of thoughts. Can you please clarify what type of information you are seeking?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Recently while driving my 1999 BMW Z3 M roadster an unusual and has never happened before had a noise coming from the rear of the car that sounds like water slouching around in the back of my seats. I have checked the trunk of the car and their is no evidence of water pooling anywhere!
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
If there is no water then what you are hearing is almost certainly gas sloshing around in the tank which is at the rear lower of the car. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.