Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

2011 BMW 335d Replaced DEF Fluid in both tanks Replaced

Customer Question

2011 BMW 335d
Replaced DEF Fluid in both tanks
Replaced active tank
Now codes 41F9, 474C, 4748
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What is the last 7 of the vin?'
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
WBAPN7C50BA948635
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
any ideas?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you need more information? Did you get the VIN?
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

what have you done to reset the system besides replacing the fluid and active tank

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
using a scan tool, performed reset procedure, but it fails fluid detection reset
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Originally, the vehicle came to us with a bad heater code, so we replaced the heater in the tank with a new one (ordered from VW with same part number). We filled both tanks with DEF. After installation, that code went away; however, these new codes appeared (41F9, 474C, 4748). So we re-filled both tanks with DEF. Our scan tool shows them as full, but these codes remained. We drove the vehicle and tried several attempts to reset the system with the scan tool. Each time, the test failed the fluid detection reset. Therefore, we purchased a new tank from BMW and installed it. The test failed the fluid detection reset again. Currently, the miles until we cannot restart the car is less than 150 miles.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please respond as soon as possible. We have an appointment with our local BMW dealership. I would prefer not to have to pay them to diagnose.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there someone still looking into this?