peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

As i was starting to drive down the road my serpentine belt

Customer Question

As i was starting to drive down the road my serpentine belt broke and when it broke somehow it sliced my radiator hose i replaced all the parts but now it wont start what should i do?
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Inspect and make sure no sensor wiring was cut as well or any sensors on the engine were damaged from the belt breaking.This is usually one of the more common issues for this fault you see here now and can be missed in some cases when checked over.

If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. then I would have fault codes checked to see what codes are set using a scan tool/computer that can plug into your model and read all computers.Once this is done any codes set can be cleared out as one may be disabling the engine from starting in some cases and having it cleared out will correct this here.Any codes that clear out but come right back on again will have to be diagnosed and repaired to resolve this.

This will be either an issue with a sensor or sensor wiring cut or damaged from the belt or an issue with a code set due to belt loss needing cleared out with a scan tool in most cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank u and am i allowed to come back to u once i tried what u suggested?

Your welcome

You can come back here anytime before or after a rating is left as much as needed.Just come back to this post here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete