Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2007 BMW M6. I had all 4 vanos solenoids replaced

Customer Question

I have a 2007 BMW M6. I had all 4 vanos solenoids replaced by a mechanic, but my car isn't running correctly. I bought a OBDII Scanner and it read back codes P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0015, P014B, and P0025. When the car is running it goes into Engine Malfunction, reduce power mode and also increase emissions. I do not see any leaks such as water or oil. What could possibly be the problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Why were the solenoid s replaced?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The dealership said that was the problem.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What can cause vanos solenoids to go out?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

sorry for the delay did you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I still need assistance
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

vanos solenoids just wear out over time, but old / dirty oil can accelerate their wear.

at present you have a bunch of generic misfire and timing codes. there are many, many possible causes as these are basic emissions codes. Could be a legitimate timing isuse, valvetronic issue, or bad cam sensor.

I would suggest a proper diagnostic be run with a BMW specific scan tool at an independent specialist. you can look for one on www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The vanos solenoid issue was found by BMW. I changed them because of their diagnostics. My car is still running rough and with the same codes being read.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

hi, I only mentioned the vanos because you asked "What can cause vanos solenoids to go out? "

I also answered regarding your current symptoms and codes. Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.