Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

2002 325ci convertible - manual 5sp -- just bought -- first

Customer Question

2002 325ci convertible - manual 5sp -- just bought -- first bmw owned - has a grinding,whining noise when moving, will look at brakes and bearings -- and maybe this is related, but when I took it on the expressway, amazed that the motor on flat land runs at approx. 3500 rpm at 65-68 mph -- is that normal with these cars?
JA: Have you checked the brake pads to make sure they're still adequate?
Customer: Much Thanks Pearl -- will do on all sides! I an having a bit of buyers remorse, but paid really low price for it, and it will be a "fun car", so will put some $ into it -- to a point of course.. Is the high-revving normal?
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: Thanks -- will connect with them before I get too deep into the process...
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: to an extent, but will likely get it to a mechanic at some point to do the actual work -- but I will follow-up with thejustanswer service to do some background work ahead of time...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 16 days ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
can you please clarify your question? is it about high revving?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
well yup, but also asking if related to the grinding, whining noise -- I have never owned a BMW, but car feels like something dragging it down, and suspicious as to why it would rev so high, or is that RPM normal?
Expert:  Steve replied 16 days ago.
where on the car is the grinding coming from?